Jonathan Brothers brings specialized expertise in the field of Acoustics in the built environment. As Principal Acoustical Consultant at Eilar Associates, Mr. Brothers brings an in-depth understanding of the field's practices with the latest sophisticated computer modeling and software packages, including Traffic Noise Model (TNM), Cadna, Trane Acoustics Program (TAP), Pottoroff Acoustic Information Model (AIM) and INSUL.
In his career, Mr. Brothers has performed acoustical design and noise control in schools, multifamily residential buildings, and commercial projects. He has also provided specialized construction consulting services to developers and architects regarding construction noise evaluation and mitigation strategies. Jonathan also conducts many of the firm's ASTM compliance field Sound Transmission Class and Impact Isolation Class tests.
Jonathan's experience in construction forensics involves a number of impact and noise transmission cases for homeowners and HOAs, performing testing and construction inspections to projects across California and Arizona.
- Acoustical Design
- Traffic Noise Modeling
- Construction Noise Evaluation
- Sound Transmission Testing
Memberships / Affiliations:
- National Council of Acoustical Consultants
- ASTM International Committee E33 (Acoustics)
- Acoustical Society of America
- Institute for Noise Control Engineering
- County of San Diego CEQA Consultant List - Approved Noise Consultant
- Columbia College Chicago, Chicago Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts, Audio Arts & Acoustics