Jefferson Asher brings vast knowledge in structural engineering and civil engineering gained from his 35 years experience in the industry, including running KPFF, a 1,000 person structural and civil engineering firm. He has been responsible for the design of over 300 major projects, many which involve large and complicated facilities that require sophisticated engineering analysis and design, considerable client communication and significant project management expertise.
Mr. Asher has also been actively involved in development and application of earthquake resistant design approaches, and he has published a number of technical papers on seismic analysis, seismic design, and reinforced masonry design and construction.
In addition to his management responsibilities, Jeff Asher is responsible for management and resolution of all professional liability disputes and claims which involve KPFF. He has significant experience in construction claims management for matters involving complicated technical and administration issues relating to both civil and structural engineering design. For matters outside KPFF, he also performs as a construction forensics engineer and expert witness in areas of his expertise.
Areas of Expertise:
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Seismic Analysis
- Earthquake Resistant Design & Engineering
- Engineering Design Defect Analysis
- Construction Claims Management
- Registered Structural Engineer - CA, WA, AZ, HI
- Registered Professional Engineer - KS
- State of California Contractors License - C-29 Masonry
- The Structural Engineers Association of California
- The Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- The Masonry Society
- The American Society of Civil Engineers
- Multi-Disciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research (MCEER)
- The Los Angeles Tall Buildings Structural Design Council (past member)
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science