Did you know that …
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims and are the leading cause of occupational injury for people aged 15-24 years.
- For people aged 65-84 years, falls are the second leading cause of injury-related death; for those aged 85 years or older, falls are the leading cause of injury-related death.
- Compensation & medical costs associated with employee slip/fall accidents is approximately $70 billion annually (National Safety Council Injury Facts).
Why is walkway auditing important?
- Over 50% of slip and falls are caused by problems with the flooring surface.
- High traction surfaces have been clinically proven to reduce slip and fall claims by 50% to 90% (NFSI).
- Walkway auditing allows for remediation of areas with minimal traction allowing for action to be taken and injuries avoided.
- Walkway auditing reduces the possibility of slip, trip and fall claims which can prevent liabilities and may even reduce insurance premiums (please check with your insurance company about auditing benefits).
- Walkway Auditing can be a very useful tool in claims analysis and defense lawsuits.
Equipment: Binar Output Tribometer (BOT-3000E)
Conforms to ANSI/NFSI B 101.1 (SCOF) and ANSI/NFSI B 101.3 (DCOF)
Field Floor Slip Resistance Testing Packages:
Regular Audit – Reports provide a comprehensive analysis of the condition of all flooring, floor mats and any other potential slip, trip and fall hazards. Depending on the risk class of each area, both wet and dry static coefficient of friction (SCOF) are taken where necessary to provide a full analysis of each area. Dynamic COF (DCOF) measurements can also be taken if requested.
Repetitive Audit – Repeated on a regular basis (annually, quarterly or monthly) these audits are designed to keep facilities up to date in maintaining consistent records and provide the ability to monitor the condition of floor over time. The scope of these audits can be customized depending on the needs of each facility.
After Modification Audit – This audit is specifically designed for after floor changes that may affect the traction level of a floor.