Mr. Nevin is the Director of Economic and Market Research at Xpera Group.
Mr. Nevin has an extensive background in real estate economics, lending and market analysis. He serves the development, investment, legal and public agency communities with residential and commercial real estate valuation, feasibility and real estate advisory services and litigation support.
Prior to joining Xpera Group, Mr. Nevin was Research Director at London Group Real Estate Advisors and MarketPointe Realty Advisors.
In the past, Mr. Nevin served as Director of Real Estate Research for HomeFed Bank and was President of ConAm Securities, a subsidiary of ConAm Management Company. Mr. Nevin also served as Chief Economist for the California Building Industry Association.
Mr. Nevin holds a Master of Arts degree in Statistics and Research from Stanford University, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing and a Master of Business Administration in Real Estate Economics from American University in Washington, D.C.
He is the co-founder of firms that bought, built, rehabbed and operated more than three dozen residential and commercial projects in San Diego County, valued in excess of $250 million. He was a founding member of three savings and loan associations.
Mr. Nevin taught for 30+ years at UCSD Extension. He is an instructor of a CLE-approved seminar on Litigation Economics and taught the capstone course on feasibility studies for the Master’s program at USD Burnham Moores Institute of Real Estate.
Mr. Nevin is a past president of the San Diego chapter of Lambda Alpha International, an international honorary land economics society and is a co-founder of the UCSD Economics Roundtable.
Economic & Market Research Studies
- Feasibility Studies for residential and commercial development
- Economic Overviews, Forecasting and Trending – Major Metropolitan Areas
- Residential and commercial property valuations
- Fiscal impact reports
- Public sector redevelopment area strategies for growth and repositioning
- Expert Witness – Deposition and Trial Testimony for: Valuation, Damages, Proper Professional Practices and Industry Standards
- Supporting Research & Analysis – Assist Attorneys in Case Strategies, Asset Valuation, Calculated Damages, Financial Feasibility and Proforma Analysis, Market Trends and Conditions
- Mediation – Negotiate Settlements on Real Property Disputes, Negotiate Settlements for Damages and Loss of Value
Real Estate Advisory
- Succession planning for families and businesses
- Developing strategies on real estate holdings to meet changing goals
- Dissolution of marital assets and allocation of holdings
- Analysis of portfolios and strategies for the future
- Valuation of investments, properties in development and limited partnership interests