Mr. Nevin is the Director of Economic and Market Research at Xpera Group.
Mr. Nevin has an extensive background in real estate economics, lending and market analysis. He serves the development, investment, legal and public agency communities with residential and commercial real estate valuation, feasibility and real estate advisory services and litigation support.
Prior to joining Xpera Group, Mr. Nevin was Research Director at London Group Real Estate Advisors and MarketPointe Realty Advisors.
In the past, Mr. Nevin served as Director of Real Estate Research for HomeFed Bank and was President of ConAm Securities, a subsidiary of ConAm Management Company. Mr. Nevin also served as Chief Economist for the California Building Industry Association.
Mr. Nevin holds a Master of Arts degree in Statistics and Research from Stanford University, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing and a Master of Business Administration in Real Estate Economics from American University in Washington, D.C.
He is the co-founder of firms that bought, built, rehabbed and operated more than three dozen residential and commercial projects in San Diego County, valued in excess of $250 million. He was a founding member of three savings and loan associations.
Mr. Nevin taught for 30+ years at UCSD Extension. He is an instructor of a CLE-approved seminar on Litigation Economics and taught the capstone course on feasibility studies for the Master’s program at USD Burnham Moores Institute of Real Estate.
Mr. Nevin is a past president of the San Diego chapter of Lambda Alpha International, an international honorary land economics society and is a co-founder of the UCSD Economics Roundtable.
- Designated expert in over 100 cases
- Deposed over 100 times
- Testified in over 50 trial cases
- Involved in over 25 mediations
Memberships / Affiliations:
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
- SPIRE (Stanford Professionals in Real Estate)
- Risk Management Association
- San Diego County Apartment Association
- Urban Land Institute
- TASA Expert Witness Consultancy
- IMS Expert Witness Consultancy
- Thompson Reuters Expert Witness Consultancy
- Lambda Alpha Honorary Land Use Society
Area of Expertise:
- Economic and market research
- Commercial real estate repositioning (Xpera RE)
- Diminution in value
- Economic damages
- Lost profits
- Marital dissolution
- Portfolio analysis
- Mediation / Arbitration of economic issues
- Partnership disputes
- Construction defect
- Land residual valuation
- Real estate finance
- Standard of care